Metal roofs are great looking residential standing seam panels with an attachment flange hidden by the next panel and are growing in popularity in Florida. The attachment point is covered by the adjacent panel makes a very clean looking installation and protects against weather panels steel, copper, zinc or teme metal and can be insulated with our newest and best solar radiant thermal control membrane that highly insulates and produces same day year round comfort; lowering your power bills, saving you money and minimizing your energy use. You can also receive a tax credit. We have great colors to choose from. Contact your Largo roofing specialist today!
Advantages of metal roofs
Metal roofs offer many benefits, including:
- Longevity. Metal roofs can last 40-70 years, depending on the material. Traditional asphalt roofing materials have an estimated life expectancy of roughly 12-20 years.
- Durability. Some metal roofs can sustain wind gusts up to 140 miles per hour, will not corrode or crack, and may be impact-resistant (depending on which metal you choose). In addition, metal roofs don’t need the periodic costly maintenance that other roofing materials often require. However, they should be inspected periodically to make sure no repairs are required.
- Safety. Metal roofs will not spark and ignite into flames during a wildfire or lightning strike.
- Energy efficiency. Metal roofs reflect solar radiant heat, which can reduce cooling costs by 10-25%.
- Environmentally friendly. Metal roofs not only have 25-95% recycled content, depending on the material used, but are also 100% recyclable at the end of their life as a roof. In contrast, most shingle tear-off waste ends up as part of the building-related waste stream — up to 20 billion pounds per year.